Unofficial messaging app that uses Telegram's API
Plus Messenger, also known as Telegram Plus, is an third-party Telegram client for Android that offers advanced customization options and performance enhancements.
If you love Telegram but wish it were easier to use and offered more customization support, Plus Messenger is the app for you!
With everything you already love about Telegram, Plus boasts a full suite of performance enhancements that speed up tasks in the app (like the ability to direct share in any chat – and you can do it quietly without quoting someone!)
It also has advanced customization options that allow you to theme you copy of Telegram and rework it to look and feel just the way you want it.
Overall Plus Messenger offers a lot of advanced functionality over traditional Telegram, making it a good choice for those that want to do more with their chats.
- Everything You Already Love About Telegram, But Better! Telegram is great, but Plus Messenger is better! You can mute users and groups right from the main screen in a single click, add members directly from a chat screen, save files using the original filename and so much more.
- Advanced Customization Options Plus is serious about customization! Use your own emojis and fonts, show your own photos on chat bubbles instead of what your contacts choose to use, and customize your compression ratios for video sharing.
- Use Direct Share on Any Chat Advanced direct share integration allows you to share in any chat, to any other user with a single click. Say goodbye to playing the main screen shuffle when trying to share information.
- No Retract Feature One important thing missing from Plus Messenger is Telegram’s native “retract” feature that helps the interface stay clutter-free.
- Fixed error when changing name
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECEIVE_SMS: Allows an application to receive SMS messages.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- USE_FINGERPRINT: Allows an app to use fingerprint hardware.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.